School Improvement Plan
Students will achieve to their ability level making steady progress throughout their elementary educational experience. All students will develop strong self-concepts, wide knowledge, responsible behavior, and a life-long enthusiasm for learning. They will:
Learn to Live
Learn to Learn
Learn to Make a Living
1. Learning is a lifelong endeavor.
2. All students can learn.
3. Students learn in different ways.
4. Students learn best when they are actively engaged in the learning process.
5. Students learn best when they have appropriate opportunities for success.
6. Instructional practices should incorporate learning activities that take into account differences in learning styles.
7. Special needs students require special services and resources.
8. Teachers, parents, and the community share in the responsibility for the support of the school mission.
The mission of Nolachuckey Elementary School is to provide an orderly environment and an educational program in which each student masters academic skills to the best of his or her ability.